Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Inner child

I remember you as childless, filled to the brim with yourself. Singular, no matter who was in your life, frozen in the you I knew then. Time stopped.

I found your son online when I was looking for you.

He is the lifetime that's past since I knew you. He has your eyes and your energy. I looked through the clues he chooses to share with the world and I could see a person filled to the brim with himself. Your child no longer a child. Childless. Singular. Moving at light speed. Inner child brought into reality, raised and nurtured, then released to fly or fall.

You are again childless, as am I. Our inner children now young adults living their own lives much as we lived ours. And each of us filled to the brim with all the time that's passed and all the people we've met along the way.

No comments: