Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Clues

I found myself taking a virtual walk down the streets of Ellinwood, Kansas. Google street view put me in front of my childhood home and then let me walk all around it. I walked to my elementary school. I walked past friend's houses and fields of corn. I walked to the library and downtown. I walked to the swimming pool where I almost drowned and around the park and the bleachers.

I moved my walk to Great Bend, Kansas were I found my other childhood home, grandmother's home and Uncle's - all on the same street just houses part. I walked through the park where the pedophile lifted me up to reach the high bar. I ran to the home my grandmother used to live in - the home I lived in when I was just a baby.

I found my other grandmother's home and the ditch near by that gave me shivers.

It was odd. And it left me wanting more.

No comments: