Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Russian

Everyone has something in common with everyone else.

Today I stood to one side while other more influential people did their meet and greet. I hovered near you, waiting my turn tell you how wonderful your performance was. That was the appropriate thing to say, the expected thing. But lately I've found come to realize the joy in finding common ground.

I grew up in Kansas. My father and grandmother were Jewish. As a child I was obsessed with show tunes. I sang constantly. I loved the Wizard of Oz. I thought I was Dorothy.

You laughed and said you thought you were Dorothy too.

2 comments:

Me said...

Your blogs growing fast, I've only read one or two bits so far but's it's all damn interesting.

debtink said...

thank you for reading it. I am still working on the entry your entry inspired... :-)