Friday, July 20, 2018

The tag line of this blog is about telling someone what I wanted to tell them but never did till now. Looking back over my posts it's obvious that the person I am really talking to - is me.

It's not the only place I talk to myself. Whenever I am not in direct contact with another person, I have a constant dialogue in my head. Ben can be in the next room, and I'll still be talking to myself. When I'm doing something that requires concentration, like watching TV or playing games, the chatter is no more than a whisper. Being online is a bit more problematic because my mind interacts with that I see and my self-directed dialogue might be a pleasant "this makes me smile" or a more destructive "this upsets me." When I am completely alone, especially in my car, I literally talk to myself. Any topic at the top of my mind will do and I'll go over and over it endlessly. And if there is a BIG topic rolling around up there, while it seems to me I am working though it, I think I am mostly just making it bigger and justifying why I am talking about it in the first place.

So if I talk to myself, and I write this blog for myself, why are there some stories (conversations) I am terrified to write down?




No comments: