Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Party like it's 1969

60th

Beautiful day, beautiful yard, wonderful friends, delishious food, presents, my two wonderful kids and the love of my life. Thank you Benny for convincing me in March that having him throw me a party in May would be so much better. :-)

unless of course his future affair is attending. Maybe she was already his current affair... no one had just ended with monika . 

My birthday was late because on my 60th he was hoping to be in bed with someone else

Not my normal cryptic think about it type of post, but here goes.

My birthday was 2 months ago, but Ben wanted to have my party in our yard with all the flowers and green leaves and thick grass. So Saturday is my 60's party for my 60th! I have tons of themed food and activities, music. This is the first time we've invited everyone we know... well know well here in Canton. We have a huge house. Really huge - spread out California ranch style with a big basement (photo studio) so it's perfect for parties. And our yard is even bigger.... almost 2 acres of mostly landscaped areas with a creek running through it. Our yard sloped down to the creek and then there is a hill on the other side. We have a forest of beautiful trees and 10 foot hedges around the perimeter so it's very private yet open at the same time.I wish we had time to put up a tree swing, but I will put 4 hammock chairs hanging from one tree.  There is a small patio off the family room, and another large on in the back of our house that has a hill going up one side with a waterfall Ben built for me last summer. We have a deck over the covered hot tub room that is perfect for stargazing. And at night, the park across the street with a pond and bridge are so dark and tranquil. It's like we are all alone with land that goes on forever.

There are many friends who've never been here. I can't wait to share our home with them. It is chill and welcoming and I love entertaining. I know some people will be dressed for the 60's what ever that means to them. I was going for a twiggy, laugh-in kind of thing, but I'm not a little girl. Ben loves me the way I am, so I'm going for a hippy look. He is too, but I think it's jut because I'm willing to put patches on his pants and he has t-dye shirts from when we got married.

My kids will be here too! Aaron is already here and Cas and fiance Mark show up tomorrow. I am excited and while I was a bit miffed that there was no celebration on the actual day - this is SO much better!

Ben is even trying out his photo booth set up that we can then use at other events - like weddings - which we are hoping to get jobs for.

Ok - rambling  - but happy - rambling!

Much yard. Very birthday. Such party. wow

No comments: