Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nick

I had to chose to be you or him. You both were young and talented and made me laugh. You were 20 years younger than me, he was 22 years younger. He said,"I'll never stop loving you." You said, "I don't know how I'll feel when you get old." I could not stop time. He came with me to tell you . I held you while cried . You said, "I should have asked you to marry me." You came to our wedding. Years later it came back to haunt me that the reason we never put a book of our wedding photos together was that you were in almost all of them.

Today I know - your were right. How could you know?

His answer was a riddle.. He would never stop loving me they way he did then
Vindictive, controlling, hateful, resentful... and he used you as an excuse for 18 years of constant affairs that were always "my fault"

Thank you for emailing with me now. I treasure your messages. I love that we are penpals.
Even through I am now 64... and 20 years have past and you are now the age I was... then.