Thursday, July 24, 2014

Now it's nothing!

I see Ben reads my blog now, or at least enough of it to say "you write about me -  but I'm right here! " Yes I do and I will continue to since this blog is really for me and Ben is my favorite topic.

I wonder if I've left a hole in the world where I used to obsess over posts on social media.  I felt I had to. And for years it held be captive...needing to see... to know. And  KABOOM now it's nothing!  I proud of myself finding the confidence to let it go. The longer I focus on what matters now in my life the happier I am. Soon even the thought of it will be nothing. leaving no mark on my life.

By avoiding (and sometimes blocking) people on social media is a bit like Sookie Stackhouse uninviting a vampire into her home. It's amazing the power of a closed (and locked) door.

No comments: