Thursday, February 5, 2009

Starving

You are not starving for food.

Your hunger is for release from anxiety and depression. You feel if you eat everything you want you can fill that deep empty place inside then you can be satisfied long enough to forget your shortcomings. Pot and alcohol may relax your mind, but not your need to feed. What starts as a break from reality ends in you raiding the cupboards for anything there is a lot of. That's because you also have a fear of being without.

The larger you become the more the hunger grows. Another log on the anxiety fire. You workout and eat right during the day, but darkness outside and inside loosens your grip each night.

You need to find the strength to put out the fire or it will consume you - leaving you nothing but dust.

2 comments:

null said...

Thanks for coming back. I was worried you were done.

debtink said...

I am not done.

I wrote a post about my father that left me a bit unsettled. Then I wrote a bit more and deleted.

Today I was once again nudged by Iain and a comment chain to "what would you say to yourself."

I wrote this post to me.